Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Final Reflection

Justin Moody
Final Reflection Paper
CLSS 2100
12/14/2011

There is an end in sight to the long road traveled in my degree. I am a junior and currently have 85 credit hours in a 120 credit hour degree. I am finding less time to study now and my classes are getting harder. To resolve this I will have to prioritize and reduce my extracurricular activities. I am currently in an exploration process in my education. I have already decided my major would be aviation administration; however this degree can cover many different job opportunities. As for my time left in school I plan on taking each of the individual classes left and possibly taking up to 18 credit hours per semester to speed up graduation. I will do this by working the minimum hours needed to pay the bills and devoting more time to my studies rather than procrastinating. During this time I will go to the airport and survey all the different jobs available that my degree has to offer. I have been stuck in the exploration mode for some time now and this class has taught how to seek and find information. This class has given me the tools I need to be able to research by asking the right questions. I have interviewed several people in various fields during my time in this class and have been open to the many Ideas and answers I have been given to the questions I asked.
In the future I plan to gain employment in the field I choose. This employment would include a promising career that I can support my family and retire from. I have dreams of where I want to be in the future with my career and they kind of mesh together with a career my wife is seeking. I want to live in Alaska for a short time just long enough to purchase and pay down a summer home. This can all be possible if my wife and I both work hard after we graduate. My wife will have a degree in secondary health education and it turns out there is a large need for this type of work in Alaska. The pay is far greater in Alaska than it is in Utah. This is why I believe it is possible to accomplish my goal in a short time. The demand for aviation personnel in Alaska is also high. If I set goals and make a plan to accomplish them I will be able to have my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment