Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mock Interview

Mock Interview
The person conducting my interview was Cory Thorson and he is a self employed business owner. The most useful thing to me was just the process of an interview and what to expect. Being in the construction field for so many years it has been a long time since I’ve been through a formal interview process. The most difficult question was probably telling about the experience I have just because right now I don’t have a lot of experience in the field I’m going to be going in to. The thing that I would suggest to others about preparing for an interview is to go through and research questions and be ready and willing to answer anything that is asked. I think it is best if you have answers to questions right off the top instead of having to sit and think about it. Think about past job experience so that you are ready to answer questions about what you have done and how you have handled certain situations in the past. I learned that you have to be willing to talk about yourself, both the good and bad. I learned that I am fairly relaxed when being interviewed. I also learned that I need to keep working on my interviewing skills. I need to improve on having my thoughts collected, know my skills and how those relate to the company I’m interviewing with, and also that I need to work on my professionalism. This was a great exercise that I believe I will be repeating before I go out and do interviewing in my field as I finish up my schooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment